The Materials Team Member in the Materials Department is responsible for sorting and recording inventory and supplies; storing and shipping parts, supplies, and equipment for the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Safely store items
• Operate forklift
• Using bar code equipment
• Correction of all errors in Barcode Transaction logs
• Pull & stage doors
• Correction of inventory errors
• Prepare shower floor for staging.
• Stage shower floor for shipping or drain production
• Check all orders packaged properly prior leaving stockroom
• Check accessories brought into stockroom
• Perform stock transfers correctly
• Read shipping schedule
• Read picking slips
• Operates production machinery, tools, and other equipment.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Uses computer to enter data.
• Other related tasks
To perform this successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals and with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training in a production environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to use a tape measure and other measuring devices.
• Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS – Tow motor operator certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/ or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and / or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problem in a timely manner
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Participates in meetings
• Written Communication – Writes clearly; Able to read and interpret written information
• Teamwork – Contributes to building positive team spirit
• Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment
• Ethics – Treats people with integrity and ethically
• Organizational Support – Supports organization’s goals, values, and code of ethics
• Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes work activities; Uses time efficiently
• Professionalism – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality
• Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner
• Safety and security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time