The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for the position of Associate Instructor for Advanced Manufacturing Program for the Springfield location.
This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. This position is scheduled to begin August 2022.
• Candidate must have a high school diploma or its equivalent, technical diploma or higher degree in Electronics, Industrial,
Manufacturing, Mechanical or Computer Engineering Technology or similar discipline.
• Minimum of five years’ work experience in advanced manufacturing, mechatronics, engineering, process control or related
field; classroom experience & appropriate administration experience in delivery of workforce education and training is
• Must possess extensive knowledge, skills, and experience to provide effective instruction in advanced manufacturing topics
to include electronics; industrial electrical; industrial mechanical; process control and process automation; fluid power and
controls; electrical power and controls; PLC’s; HMI systems integration; and lean manufacturing processes.
• Strong customer service skills; as well, must possess effective oral and written communication skills; must have good
organizational and planning skills.
• Be willing to learn and use individualized instructional techniques.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationship with students, faculty, staff and
the general public.
• Be willing to maintain personal credentialing and certification as required.
• Must have effective ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs; audio/visual equipment and software; and working
knowledge of maintaining student records and/or sensitive information.
Knowledge and abilities:
• The candidate will be expected to have the ability to teach the curriculum of the Advanced Manufacturing Program.
• Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and
effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
• Select or develop specifications for machines, equipment, and tools; maintain good physical conditions in classroom and/or
• Test trainees to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of instruction.
• Maintain student records and reports.
• Responsible for student placement and assist with student follow-up.
• Cooperate with outside agencies; establish and maintain good public relations with the school’s general public.
• Instruct students in safety and practice good safety habits.
• Participate in professional development and growth annually.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the President and Vice President of the school.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience, education, qualifications and TCAT Nashville guidelines.
Salary range $48,652- $63,067 Associate Instructor
Background check is required for this position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN Application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
ATTN: Human Resources
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, Tennessee 37209
TCAT Nashville Application can be found on TCATN’s website: TCAT Employment Application (Revised 11-2019).pdf (tcatnashville.edu)
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The Vice President has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Human Resources, TCAT Nashville, 100 White Bridge Road, Nashville, TN 37209, 615-425-5540. The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://tcatnashville.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
“A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution”