Report to: Director of Plant Operations
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
The Automation/Process Engineer will research, develop, design, test and evaluate equipment and systems applying principles and techniques of mechanical/electrical engineering. The Automation/Process Engineer will use their research on the production floor to create strategic plans that eliminate the inefficiencies they identify. This position will support the automation initiatives and act as a leader and coach in their field.
• Lead the Automation Integration’s project, incorporating new technologies and including, automaton, drive motor controller, sensors, telemetry, and others
• Work on various building and production equipment such as robots, CNC, plastic extrusion lines, thermoforming, and various brand such as Omron, ABB, Festo, Fanuc and Siemens
• Act as the Technical Expert, advisor, and designer in field like, automation, control, and programming
• Analyze, centralize, and update electrical plans, automation programs, components and parts used, etc.
• Assembles reports to document process status and changes
• Tracks metrics to discover areas for improvement and monitor upgrades
• Develop routines and best practices to ensure product quality • Coordinate and support the implementation of risk reduction measures taken internally or externally
• Knowledgeable and always up to date on new technologies and how to implement them effectively and optimally
• Ensure processes comply with safety and quality standards
• Perform process simulations and troubleshooting issues
• Will participate in long term projects such as the certification of CSA board and security and electrical loops
• Share and collaborate best practices with the St. Eustache plant to move the business forward
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
• Specialization in automation
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position
• In-depth knowledge of electrical standards, laws and regulations
• Project management experience
• Ability to obtain a US Passport
• Ability to travel as needed
• Analytical and attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Mobilizing leadership
• Recognized competency and experience in matters of employee management.
• Result oriented, strong ability for organizing priorities
• Strong teamwork and collaborative abilities
• Must have strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to read and interpret documents
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
• Ability to work in an environment of continuous improvement and change
• Proficient in MS Office applications
• Knowledge of ERP software Navision (an asset)
• Excellent knowledge in omron automate (an asset)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/ or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and / or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Nature of the Job Description
The statements made in this job description are not intended to create a contract. The job should not be construed to constitute contractual of any kind or a contract of employment between Bath Fitter and an applicant or employee. The provisions of this job description have been developed at the discretion of Bath Fitter