Works from blueprints, sketches, work orders, charts and verbal instructions to program, set up and operate various machine tools, work cells and/or CNC work centers to fabricate a wide array of component parts (standard, special, sample) of above average to complex variety.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
· Work from blueprints, samples, work orders and instruction, install and adjust various types of tooling and fixtures in the work centers
· Calculate and write programs for CNC work centers to fabricate component parts to stated engineering specifications
· Works independently to troubleshoot and resolve problems concerning machining operations, tools, materials and CNC programs
· Perform secondary machining operations on component parts as required
· Perform detailed analysis of the component parts configuration/dimensions to determine the
most efficient machining operations required for production
· Insert computer programs into CNC work centers, set and adjust machine speeds and feeds,
modify programs and document changes as required
· Process first piece through initial run, analyzing and making critical adjustments to tooling,
programs and process parameters of work center
· Operate and monitor work centers to perform progressive turning, boring, drilling, tapping and
· Fabricate simple holding fixtures as required for machining operations
· Inspect parts for stated dimensions and surface imperfections for production runs
· Works with engineering and supervisory personnel to troubleshoot and resolve design,
equipment and operating difficulties
· Perform preventative maintenance duties as scheduled by maintenance department
· Assist training of lower level machinists, answering work questions, resolving operating
difficulties and reviewing completed work assignments
Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
Hearing Sensitivity — The ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness.
Visualization — The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged. Strong Attention to detail.
Mathematical Reasoning — The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
Number Facility — The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
Ability to lift heavy objects
Ability to stand for extended periods