Crown Paving, a local Paving Contractor operating in Middle Tennessee, is looking for an estimator with a focus on bidding and managing asphalt paving and concrete projects such as commercial parking lots, municipality city streets, TDOT work, developments and subdivisions. These jobs will be located primarily in the Greater Nashville Area. The successful candidate will be based in our office in Greenbrier, TN. Assignments include complete project estimating & some project management from solicitation to final close out.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Read bid specifications/ scope of work and review drawings as well as understand contractual terms and conditions to compile accurate cost data for asphalt or concrete estimates
• Attend pre-bid meetings and visit jobsites to obtain data for specialized scopes of work
• Respond to leads and convert to opportunities
• Perform takeoffs, detail & compile organized estimates in an accurate but timely matter for unit priced, lump sum, and negotiated project opportunities
• Work with vendors and subcontractors to secure quotations; analyze and coordinate to ensure contract compliance and best fit/value
• Review bids with VP and/or Senior Estimator
• Prepare proposal within software to include detailed scope & clarifications
• Invoicing and progress billing responsibilities
• Job costing and project budget management
• Reporting and tracking opportunities in Salesforce.com
• Project management to include working closely with Superintendent, scheduling subcontractors and field photos as necessary
Minimum 2 years’ experience. Word, Excel, PlanSwift (or similar), math & communication skills are required. Please forward all resumes and any questions to [email protected] Pay will be competitive and based upon experience. Benefits offered along with huge growth opportunity.