The Industrial Electrician will be a member of our small but growing maintenance team supporting our diverse manufacturing site located in Springfield, TN. This individual will be responsible for providing electrical maintenance support across the facility. This includes modifying, building, repairing, or overhauling electronic and electrical equipment and controls. We’ll rely on this individual to use their knowledge and skills to troubleshoot and solve electrical controls problems on existing equipment while maintaining all company safety standards. This individual will also work closely with our management, engineering, and production teams to design new and maintain existing custom equipment.
WHO IS AIRTECH:
Airtech is a family-owned company founded in 1973. We are the market leader in materials used in the manufacture of high-performance composite parts. Our products are used by the aerospace, automotive, marine, green energy, and recreational sports industries to create cutting edge lighter, stronger, and greener components. Working for Airtech means being part of a global family that believes in long term employment and promoting from within, along with personal and professional development. We put safety first to ensure we can all go home to our families after producing the best quality product in the most efficient way possible. Airtech offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and a company funded retirement plan.
See more in this video!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
In order to be successful in this role you’ll need to be able to handle the following:
• Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Have a strong mechanical aptitude
• Read and understand electrical schematics, blueprints, and equipment manuals
• Have knowledge of AC/DC power systems, PLC’s, motion and motor control drives, and component integration
• Pass an annual forklift certification
• Be generally jazzed about working with electronics and electrical equipment
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Functional knowledge of electronics and electrical equipment
• Active appropriate licensure or certification in core expertise area
• Minimum three (3) years of work experience
• Electrical certificate or electronic degree, completion of trade school or apprenticeship program for core expertise area, or equivalent work experience