This role is responsible for analyzing and ensuring best economic practices for harmonization of required inventory by monitoring Sales and distribution data in the ERP and eCommerce systems. The Inventory / Consignment Manager is expected to review inventory and distribution data to monitor activity for trends, provide solutions for process improvement, and investigate root causes for inventory discrepancies. This role is expected to develop and analyze KPI’s and supply chain data to help identify trends and implement necessary inventory and distribution changes.
• This individual will work cross-functionally with many groups including Operations, IT, Finance, Research and Development and Marketing to help manage and support supply chain activities and product costings.
• Ensure the accuracy, timeliness, cost effectiveness and regulatory compliance in all inventory and distribution activities.
• Lead monthly Inventory Reconciliation process to ensure appropriate inventory control.
• Coordinate annual Physical Inventories with 3PL and Airtech inventory locations. Analyze data to establish Inventory and financial impact to and adjustments.
• Stay abreast and understand industry trends that can improve Airtech processes and suggest improvements to operational efficiency.
• Ensure timely receipts, shipments, and invoicing of all raw material, and finished goods packaging material stored at third party manufacturers and warehouse facilities.
• Ensure material plans and safety stock in the Distribution Centers support and align with the customer fulfillment strategies.
• Analyzes complex business problems and provide analytical and business process support that will be instrumental in the formation of distribution strategy, cost savings, and continuous improvement efforts.
• Balance inventory between distribution centers by identify product to be transferred including SKU’s, quantities, timing, and cost.
• Report Inventory Value and Turns performance and variance analysis to senior management.
• Perform root cause investigations of complex inventory discrepancies and suggest corrective actions.
• Work with other supply chain departments and sales personnel to set up correct SKU master data information in the ERP system.
• Create and analyze monthly transactional reports to review 3PL activity and performance. Identify trends and work with peers to offer guidance in process and procedure improvements.
• Subject matter expert in new country launch setup and 3PL transition and configuration for SKU’s, inventory, and distribution data.
• Ensure accurate and timely order fulfillment management by maintaining and processing backorders, item substitutions, order counts, delays, cancellations, etc.
• Develop SOP’s, process maps, and serve as training partner for new members.
• Subject matter expert in all Inventory and Distribution processes; provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring.
• Interface with global partners to ensure smooth operation of globalized inventory.
• Support special departmental project initiatives around cost reduction, process improvement, and new system enhancements.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, BACKGROUND AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with ability to analyze problems, propose sound solutions and/or make recommendations and take action.
• Strong proficiency using Microsoft Excel (power user) and Word. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision, Microsoft BI, and PowerPoint applications is a plus.
• Must be exceptionally detail-oriented, and able to see the big picture.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, efficiently, and independently, following through on assignments with minimal direction and supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• APICS CPIM certification a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
• 4+ years of wide-ranging experience in Planning and Supply Chain processes and systems including Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Inventory Management and S&OP
• Advanced statistical modeling knowledge and experience
• Management or supervisory experience a plus
• Master Data Management experience also a plus