Airtech is a manufacturing company located in the Nashville, TN area with customers in the aerospace, alternative energy, and marine markets. Our Custom Product Design Department is responsible for translating external customer inputs into turnkey solutions for a customer’s particular application. The successful candidate will be comfortable managing multiple diverse projects and programs simultaneously while ensuring that the quality of output meets the expectations of internal and external customers.
In order to be successful in this role you’ll need to be able to:
- Use your strong working knowledge of CAD and 3D modeling to design custom solutions for our customers.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the department.
- Effectively collaborate with customers in person or in writing to ensure successful completion of project.
- Manage projects and the work of the other designers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced composite manufacturing techniques.
- Interpret 3D models and written specifications.
- Understand vacuum bagging use in the manufacture of advanced composite parts.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Utilize creative problem-solving skills with accurate and strong attention to detail.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/BS in a relevant technical discipline
- Minimum 1-3 years of 3D/2D CAD experience (Catia preferred)
- Proficient in MS Office
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience in the aerospace / composites industry
- Product design experience
- Cost estimation experience
WE HIRE YOU TO RETIRE YOU: Airtech offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and a company funded retirement plan. We are a family-owned, community focused, global leader founded in 1973. We are the market leader in materials used in the manufacture of high-performance composite parts. Our products are used by the aerospace, automotive, marine, green energy, and recreational sports industries to create cutting edge lighter, stronger, and greener components. Working for Airtech means being part of a global family that believes in long term employment and promoting from within, along with personal and professional development. We put safety first to ensure we can all go home to our families after producing the best quality product in the most efficient way possible.
Learn more about us at www.airtechjobs.com.
Airtech International is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate based on an individual’s race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or sexual orientation), age, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Our policy is to select, place, train, and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work performance and quality, attitude, and experience to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. This policy applies to all phases of the employment process including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or demotion, discipline, transfer, layoff, and termination. It also covers any type of employment action, including those relating to salary, benefits, training, travel, and participation in sponsored business and social events