To prepare quotations for Airtech products, non-standard items, and Airtech services. Purchase supplies and material at optimal pricing and delivery cycle while maintaining the lowest possible inventory levels.
1. Prepares purchase orders to specifications, reviewing market for best pricing, availability, and quality.
2. Prepares and submits foreign and domestic quotations with information provided by customers, distributors or sales representatives.
3. With management, reviews vendor performance and accountability
4. Interfaces with sales representatives, vendors, distributors, customer service, production / manufacturing, upper management and customers as it pertains to gathering information in order to prepare quotations.
5. Initiates purchases of stock and non-stock items as required for optimal inventory levels.
6. Keeps clear and accurate records of quotations and purchased orders for future reference.
7. Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitors and expedites orders.
8. Verifies and analyzes quotations based on prior quotations, current market price for the items involved, and customer purchasing history when deriving quotations.
9. Deals with supplier when serious variations arise in delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale.
10. Ensures receipt of items as agreed to authorize payments.
11. Develops and implements purchasing/quotations procedures and sequence of operations to optimize workflow.
12. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
13. Notifies supervisor or manager of any potential safety hazards.
14. Must exhibit good interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate in an effective manner with vendors/customers.
15. Performs other tasks and duties as required by management.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Organization, Customer Service, Documentation Skills, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Cost Accounting and Control Engineering.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND, WORK EXPERIENCE and ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
1. High school diploma and equivalent work experience. Some college level courses in business preferred.