The position of Reading Interventionist – Term is responsible for serving as a reading intervention teacher for elementary age students for a federally funded research project in the Department of Special Education. This position includes teaching daily reading intervention to students using a structured reading program, periodic assessment of student progress, and planning for differentiation of instruction.
NOTE: A Term position is a staff position that exists for a period longer than six months but is not expected to last beyond one year. Although a position may exist for a specified or indefinite period, staff who accept term positions are not guaranteed employment for the entire period; they are employed for indefinite periods within the limit of the appointment. There are no guarantees of continued employment, either within the term or when the term ends.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Teach daily reading intervention to small groups of students using a structured reading program with high fidelity and quality
– Plan for differentiation of instruction
– Administer group and individual assessments to students
– Document student attendance and behavior
– Attend team meetings and maintain communication with project coordinators
– This position requires a Bachelor’s degree
– Prior experience working with children is preferred
– Daily access to transportation to Robertson County, TN elementary schools
– Daily availability during regular school hours
– Prior experience teaching reading/ELA in K-12 setting highly preferred
– Prior experience administering individual assessments to children highly preferred